KUALA BERANG (Bernama): The Ministry of Internal Trade and Consumer Affairs (KPDNHEP) has registered 764 cases of violation of standard operating procedures (SOP) of the National Recovery Plan (PNR) since June 1.
Deputy Minister Datuk Rosol Wahid said the breaches were detected following surveillance and inspections at 228,223 business premises nationwide.
“Compounds worth RM 3.67 million have been issued so far. More than 2,000 law enforcement officers have been deployed in the operation, in which some members of the staff were disguised as customers, ”he told reporters on Monday (September 20).
Of the 764 cases, 323 offenses involved failure to register using the MySejahtera registration application or booklet, conduct of unauthorized activities (130 cases), failure to provide markers distance (61 cases), failure to wear face masks (46 cases), failure to display the maximum limit of clients (27 cases), failure to observe opening hours (five cases) and d ‘other offenses (172 cases).
He said the ministry had also received complaints from traders, especially restaurant and restaurant operators, who had failed to verify the vaccination status of restaurant patrons and that the situation had caused unease among the rest. people present in the premises.
“Some people have informed me personally in addition to complaints from some property owners who were not serious about registering their clients on MySejahtera during check-in.
“The ministry takes these reports seriously and we want to make sure that traders and the public comply with the SOPs. This is important because it involves public health and safety, so everyone should remain vigilant although restrictions have been made. been relaxed, “he added. Bernama